May 20, 2022 – June 3, 2022
Click HERE to register for the ETH Shanghai Hackathon!
Join the Discord to connect with participants & sponsors!
Looking for team members or to join an existing team? Fill out this form.
RSVP to workshop schedule: TBA
Early Bird Access deadline: May 10, 2022 & Regular Registration deadline: May 17, 2022
Over $120k – and growing -in prizes is up for grab – Register NOW!
The ETH Shanghai Hackathon 2022 is going to take place for the first time from May 20 to June 3, 2022. Participation is fully online and open to every blockchain enthusiast.
ETH Shanghai Hackathon aims to provide a platform for developers to BUIDL the next generation of Web3 social applications alongside fellow developers, creators, artists, and entrepreneurs all over the world.
Early bird access will be closed on May 10th, regular registration will be closed on May 17th, so don’t miss out on these incredible perks (countless inspiring workshops and so on)! Join us NOW!
Why Join ETH Shanghai Hackathon?
At ETH Shanghai hackathon, we hope to ignite developers’ imaginations to define what Web3 social could be. By gathering the leaders of Web3 protocols, we offer you resources and SDE tools.
Sponsored and supported by Ethereum Foundation, ETH Shanghai marks the final upgrade before the Merge. ETH Shanghai is committed to promoting the Ethereum network and encouraging more developers to join the Web 3.0 community.
Web 3.0 is the technological revolution of the underlying architecture of the Internet, and Ethereum has become the preferred network protocol for most developers, playing a key role in the establishment of the Web 3.0 standard.
You can find more information via ethshanghai.org, or hackathon.ethshanghai.org.
By registering for ETH Shanghai Hackathon 2022, developers new to Web3 can receive first-tiered support to get you started. If you’re a developer looking to expand your technical skillset and gain experience building a fully functional Web3 application ready-made for a multi-chain world, the hackathon is a great way to fast-track your progress.
Specifically, the hackathon offers all participants complimentary access to:
- High-quality educational resources
- Live workshops with hands-on mentorship
- AMAs with Developer/VC Advocates
- An expansive network of kindred spirits
Hit the Road of Web3 Journey
ETH Shanghai Hackathon 2022 offers over $120k – and growing – in prizes divided into these categories with the following organisations representing each category respectively:
- Next.ID: An open-sourced protocol that synergises your Web2 and Web3 profiles. Next.ID connects and authenticates your digital footprints, all while giving you full ownership of your identities.
- CyberConnect: At the dawn of Web3, CyberConnect is here to build a decentralized social graph protocol that serves Web3 social networks and the metaverse. Our mission is to return the ownership and utilities of social graph data back to users while providing an infrastructure for all Web3 developers to integrate and build upon.
- On-chain data
- RSS3: RSS3 is an open information syndication protocol that aims to support efficient and decentralized information distribution in Web3.
- KNN3 Network: A Web3 topological graph solution to discover the in-depth relationship among Web3 users.
- Project Galaxy: A collaborative credential infrastructure that empowers brands to build better communities and products in Web3 with NFTs and Credential Data.
- The Graph: The Graph is a decentralized protocol for indexing and querying data from blockchains, starting with Ethereum and IPFS. It makes it possible to query data that is difficult to query directly. Anyone can build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, making data easily accessible.
- Access control
- Lit Protocol: Lit Protocol is a decentralized network of computers that grant users keys to resources like software and content, when they meet certain conditions, like owning a given NFT.
- EthSign: The interface between Web2 and Web3 by connecting legal agreement and smart contract. We present open-sourced infrastructures and scenario-specific applications.
- Collab.Land: Collab.Land is a user-friendly, tokenized, community-management system. Our system is designed for anyone to build tools to manage their community.
- Public chain development
- Polygon: Polygon believes in Web3 for all. Polygon is a decentralized Ethereum scaling platform that enables developers to build scalable user-friendly dApps with low transaction fees without ever sacrificing security.
- Chain IDE: ChainIDE under WhiteMatrix is the world’s first cloud-based multi-chain blockchain integrated development environment, which has helped developers in more than 160 countries and provided 5 million smart contract compilation services, and is the world’s largest blockchain developer traffic portal.
- NEAR Protocol: A climate-neutral, high-speed, and low transaction fee layer-1 blockchain platform.
- Infura (as part of ConsenSys): Infura provides the tools and infrastructure that allow developers to easily take their blockchain application from testing to scaled deployment – with simple, reliable access to Ethereum and IPFS.
- Webpage modification
- Mask Network: Mask Network aims to bridge the Web 2.0 users to Web 3.0. By bringing the amazing decentralized application ecosystem onto traditional social networks, the Mask extension provides a decentralized option for features that Web 2.0 users are familiar with. Users could enjoy secure, decentralized social messaging, payment networks, file storage, and file sharing without leaving the mainstream social media networks.
- Web3 communication
- XMTP: XMTP is a communication protocol and network that connects communities, creators, protocols, applications, and users.
- Decentralized storage (Arweave eco)
- Arweave: Arweave makes information permanence sustainable. Arweave is a new type of storage that backs data with sustainable and perpetual endowments, allowing users and developers to truly store data forever — for the very first time. As a collectively owned hard drive that never forgets, Arweave allows us to remember and preserve valuable information, apps, and history indefinitely.
- Meson.Network: Meson Network is committed to creating an efficient bandwidth marketplace on Web3, using the blockchain protocol model to replace the traditional labor-based sales models, consolidating and monetizing idle bandwidth from long-tail users at a low cost.
- Kwil: Kwil is the first decentralized, community-owned SQL database solution for building advanced dApps and protocols.
Join Now! Here is how:
- Sign up for the hackathon by clicking ‘Join Now’ at the top of this page.
- Join the Eth Shanghai Discord!
- Navigate to the #start-herechannel and select the ‘Hackathons & Events’ role.
- Looking for team members? Fill out this form!
- Check for updates on #builders-general & #l2-rollathon in the Gitcoin Discord and your email inbox.
- RSVP to workshop schedule: TBA